Great teams make great games.
At Wish, we pride ourselves on working hard and smart, carefully planning our productions, and iterating quickly on ideas. We craft brilliant, beautiful games that burst with memorable features – games that are built to stand the test of time, bringing the player back for more. We couldn’t do this without our team of amazing people.
We believe that three main qualities form the basis of a winning team; Passion, Experience and Creativity.
Do you have what it takes?
We offer a rewarding work culture, built on creativity and quality. We work as a tight-knit team, bringing together thoughts, ideas, skills and disciplines to create meaningful work.
We deeply value your personal life and operate a regular working-hours policy. This is about trust – give us a fair day’s work and we’ll give you a fair day to work in. We also value having fun. Team drinks, social events, and of course, game playing (whether console, PC, card or board) are regular features of working life at Wish.
In 2017, Wish was recognised as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK Games Industry by leading trade site GamesIndustry.biz.
We want to hear from you
11 June 2017
We are always happy to hear from talented, experienced, friendly, ambitious professionals who are interested in joining the Wish team. If that’s you, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with a few details about you, and a copy of your CV and resume.
Lead Game Programmer
20 September 2017
We’re looking for someone outstanding to lead one of our game programming teams. You’ll be working alongside talented and friendly colleagues in the centre of Brighton, running a game team developing ground-breaking games that Wish is known for. With a great work-life balance, a friendly, honest and open culture, you’ll have everything you need to move your career forwards and enjoy your life at the same time.
We’re looking for a leader who can inspire the game programming team and other disciplines, and want someone who will lead through example and via good will and collaboration, rather than cracking the whip. You’ll spend time in leads meetings, planning the game features with the rest of the game leads team, and will still have time to get your hands dirty making game code and content.
You will form part of the code leadership group alongside the Technology department lead, other game team leads and the CTO, helping form standards and common process, and contributing to high level planning on the codebase and code team structures. You’ll need to ensure that your team’s game code is clean, functional, well structured, well documented and performant.
About this role
If you fit the description below, please get in touch:
- You have spent years shipping great games on console or PC
- You’ve previously led a team successfully developing and releasing high quality games within set timescales
- You have an excellent technical understanding of C++ and C#
- You have experience using Unity, Perforce, Visual Studio and console SDKs
- You understand the complexities of modern game technology and the programming nuances required to create fun gameplay
- You have a degree in Computer Science or similar, or substantial professional programming experience
- You’ve great English language communication skills and can convey complex technical information to various teams in ways that they can understand and work with
- You can help others learn, and proactively develop and nurture your code team
- You enjoy working hard to meet deadlines, whilst ensuring your team produce great quality, well structured, well documented and robust code
- You’re happy, passionate, creative, professional, diplomatic and love working alongside other disciplines to make great games happen
We develop videogames of the very highest quality in our field, and we expect all our team members to strive for the very best in all that they do.
Salary for this role is, as is often the case, dependent on experience, but will be competitive. A performance related bonus will form part of the package, along with a pension contributions, and several other benefits.
Prior experience working with a development team is essential for this role.
Please send an email with your CV and any other reference material to email@example.com